Prince Harry and Prince Andrew face further changes to their roles as the House of Lords debates a motion that would ban their roles as secretaries of state.
Tomorrow’s amendment to the State Counselor’s Bill will seek to exclude royals who “in the immediately preceding two years have not assumed royal duties on a regular basis.”
A Cabinet source insisted it was neither the government nor Buckingham Palace’s position that the plan would remove either prince as State Councillor, reports The Telegraph.
Fellow Labor, Viscount Stansgate, told the House of Lords that the time was right to discuss “a sensible amendment” with the King.
Prince Harry and Prince Andrew face further changes to their roles as the House of Lords debates a motion that would ban their duties as secretaries of state.
Tomorrow’s State Counselor’s Bill amendment will seek to exclude royals who “in the immediately preceding 2 years have not performed royal duties on a regular basis.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their retirement from royal duties on Instagram on January 8, 2020, in a move dubbed ‘Megxit’ by the British press.
The couple subsequently moved to Santa Barbara, California, and were interviewed by US television personality Oprah Winfrey in March last year, where they expressed their grievances with the royal family.
They signed a multi-million dollar deal with Netflix later that year with plans for a wacky series.
The Duke of Sussex’s book, titled Spare, will be published by Penguin Random House on January 10, more than four months after Her Majesty’s death on September 8.
It was said last week that Prince Andrew was planning a “counter-attack” as he is convinced that a return to public life is still possible.
It comes after Andrew’s accuser Virginia Giuffre dropped a case she had brought against US lawyer Alan Dershowitz, saying she “might have made a mistake” when she accused him of sexual abuse.
A source said: “Everything has changed and Andrew is determined to fight.”
Andrew, 62, paid Giuffre, 39.12 million pounds to settle a civil case in which she accused him of sexual abuse. He has consistently and vehemently denied the claims.
It was said last night that Prince Andrew was planning a ‘counter-attack’. He is pictured here attending a photo call with Princess Anne, Prince Edward and other members of the royal family at the Windsor estate on Saturday.
It came as he spent yesterday shooting with Princess Anne, Prince Edward and other members of the royal family at the Windsor estate.
King Charles was also seen at Windsor and is believed to have joined his brothers in the afternoon.
But a Buckingham Palace source said the King had not attended the filming, which took place two days before Her Majesty’s 74th birthday.
The duke appeared relaxed as he enjoyed lunch with Anne, her husband Tim Laurence, and Edward and his wife, the Countess of Wessex.
Andrew, 62, paid Giuffre, 39.12 million pounds to settle a civil case in which she accused him of sexual abuse. He has consistently and vehemently denied the claims. This photo was revealed in 2001, when Giuffre was 17 years old.
Sophie Winkleman, wife of Freddie Windsor, was also seen with the royal group at the Windsor estate.
Footage from the family reunion revealed that Andrew, far from being out in the open, still has the support of his family members. However, today he will not be present at the Cenotaph because he will no longer be able to participate in the actual events.
He was also absent last night from the Festival of Remembrance at the Albert Hall, which remembered those who fought in the Falklands conflict in 1982, in which Andrew served in the Royal Navy.
Last week, The Mail on Sunday revealed that Andrew was left ‘bereft’ and in tears after the King made it clear there would be no going back for him in ‘The Firm’.
It comes after Andrew’s accuser Virginia Giuffre (left) last week dropped a case she had brought against US lawyer Alan Dershowitz, saying she “might have made a mistake” when she accused him of sexual abuse. Giuffre pictured here with her lawyer David Boies in 2019
The Duke is said to have been “shocked” by the outcome of the private meeting, held at Charles’s Birkhall estate in Scotland, just days before the Queen’s death. But his ex-wife and loyal supporter, Sarah Ferguson, was jubilant after the news of Miss Giuffre’s setback. A friend added: “There is a feeling that Andrew wants to move on with a new life, but the only person who can agree to that is the monarch.” It means these talks will have to start all over again now that we have a new King.
Prince Andrew is expected to be a guest for Christmas at Sandringham, but a source said the duke’s career was not top of mind for the king.
A source said: ‘As king, Carlos has a very full inbox. Senior palace advisers previously said the Duke of York would be supported by the family in forging a new life away from the public eye.
A family Christmas? No thanks say Harry and Meghan
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are unlikely to join the royal family at Sandringham for their first Christmas without the Queen.
King Charles is understood to have invited Meghan and Harry, who remain “much loved” members of the family despite stepping down from royal duties almost three years ago. But a source close to the king said: “It is unlikely they will attend.”
It will be the first time for Charles to host the annual family reunion and Christmas vacation at the private Norfolk estate.
The Prince and Princess of Wales will be there, staying at nearby Anmer Hall, the home given to them by the Queen.
Other family members are expected to join the King and Queen Consort on their walk to church on Christmas morning.
There will be people within the royal family who can breathe a sigh of relief if the Sussexes send their apologies.
After Meghan described the late queen’s funeral as “complicated”, the Sussexes’ presence over mince pies may not go down well.
Harry is set to drop his explosive memories in the New Year and a Netflix show before then.
Her book, Spare, will present the painful episode of her mother’s tragic death, the publishers say.
King Charles was “disgusted” by Princess Anne and Prince Edward’s show of support for the Duke of York
By Kate Mansey for The Mail on Sunday
Relations at the top of the royal family turned decidedly icy after Prince Andrew was spotted at a shooting party at the Windsor estate last Saturday with two of his brothers, a reunion King Charles had longed for. distance.
Princess Anne and Prince Edward, along with other members of the royal family, were spotted together at the Windsor photo call two days before Her Majesty’s 74th birthday.
But what was intended as a show of support for the embattled Duke of York has had repercussions for his relations with the new king.
Prince Andrew was spotted at a shooting party at the Windsor estate last Saturday with two of his brothers, a gathering King Charles has wanted to distance himself from.
A source told The Mail on Sunday that the King had decided not to attend the shoot and was upset that his younger brother Andrew was attending.
The source added: “King Charles was said to be upset that Edward and Anne had met Andrew publicly and wanted it clear that he had not been a part of the filming.”
‘Anne and Edward had been privately worried about Andrew and wanted to check on him.
“But Charles’s view is that he shouldn’t be in the public eye. His Majesty was not excited at all.
While Andrew is expected to be received by the King at Sandringham for Christmas, he will not be included in the Royal Family’s annual walk to St Mary Magdalene Church on Christmas Day.
However, Andrew is not the only brother with whom the King is said to have a little cold relations.
Perhaps surprisingly, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, despite their tireless work in support of the late Queen and now the new King, do not appear to be in the new monarch’s inner circle.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, who attended the shooting, do not appear to be in the new monarch’s inner circle despite their work supporting him and the late queen.
Edward has not been awarded the title of Duke of Edinburgh that many expected him to inherit upon his father’s death a year and a half ago.
At one point, the idea that Prince Edward would inherit his father’s title was so true that it was even listed on Royal’s official website.
Today, however, it is still unknown when, or even if, the King will bestow the honor. As a source close to the Royal Family coldly commented: “It has not gone unnoticed.”
#Prince #Harry #banned #acting #King #Charles #surrogate