Most recent audio:
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- Match and player of the week
- SummerSlam Recap, Poll, Star Rating, Angles
- First notes on Clash at the Castle
- Commercial notes in both programs.
- Scary movements during the show.
- Ric Flair’s latest game show, the good, the bad, the ugly and where it ranks among the biggest independent shows ever.
- The life and legacy of Ric Flair
- Behind-the-scenes notes from the show
- Commercial coverage of the program.
- UFC 277 coverage by Ryan Frederick, match by match, what happens next for all the key fighters on the show, trade notes and more
- Complete coverage of G1 with the standings, key stories, notes on this week’s matches and coverage of all shows from last week.
- Coverage of the two main Dragon Gate shows over the weekend, including one of the company’s best matches, title changes, and future notes.
- The life and career of Gil Hayes, a Stampede Wrestling Hall of Famer who was one of the key components of WWC in Puerto Rico, a unique life of a headliner that is largely forgotten today.
- Ratings and trends of all national programs
- CMLL announces the biggest matches for its anniversary show, the biggest event of the year
- CMLL announces its annual World Grand Prix
- First two nights of the Stardom Five Star Grand prix
- More on the new IWGP Women’s World Championship and why it’s happening
- Karl Fredericks leaves New Japan
- Recap of the New Japan show in the US
- News XFL under Dwayne Johnson
- Wrestling women starting
- New book on ECW
- More news about King of the Indies
- Old promotion in Mexico restarts with a national TV deal
- WBD finances and how it affects AEW, as well as where AEW could be very valuable
- AEW cost compared to Discovery’s usual fee, ratings and compared to WWE programming
- AEW’s new trademark and what it means
- More on the new AEW promotions
- Upcoming WWE and AEW ticket sales
- Broadcast numbers for WWE and AEW
- International television ratings
- Important new UFC fight scheduled
- Jake Paul-Rahman fights crumbling notes
- Sasha Banks and Naomi
- peacock finance
- New PPV location
- WrestleMania launch party
- How Nick Khan came to WWE and his ability to make deals
- What was the match that never happened that led to Nick Khan’s first interaction with WWE?
- Dana White talks about her only WrestleMania live
- Bryan Danielson talks about the famous Talking Smack segment with Miz
This week’s Retro Observer Newsletter:
Information of order:
Order the printed Wrestling Observer now and receive it by mail by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by visiting www.paypal.com directing funds to dave@www. wrestlingobserver.com.
US rates are $14.50 for 4 numbers, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, the rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with check, cash, or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get a $1 discount in each price range.
Wednesday news update
- WWE extended its condolences to Gene LeBell’s family, friends and fans following his passing.
- Paul “Triple H” Levesque paid tribute to LeBell: “Gene LeBell continued to be a leading figure in the history and expansion of mixed martial arts and sports entertainment. A teacher to many of the sport’s greats, his influence is felt throughout WWE to this day. Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this time.”
- Ronda Rousey posted an old photo of her with LeBell and captioned it “Legend.”
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Shawn Michaels spoke about working with Triple H now that Triple H is WWE’s chief creative officer: “Hopefully now we can put together a really powerful one-two punch between NXT and the main roster that is going to take WWE to even greater heights. He wants to stick to the mission statement, which is to be the biggest sports entertainment company on the face of the earth. I’m going to do everything here to help, and he’ll have the full support of NXT. We’re all excited. for the future”.
- Ciampa and Shayna Baszler appeared on WWE’s The Bump this afternoon.
- CBD company Hemp2Lab has announced a partnership with Goldberg.
- The WWE YouTube channel uploaded Cena, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio vs. JBL and The Bashams from the March 17, 2005 episode of SmackDown, Becky Lynch vs. Paige from the November 9, 2015 episode of Raw and Damian Priest vs. Dolph Ziggler for the United States Title on the December 27, 2021 episode of Raw.
- AEW published a tribute to Gene LeBell:: “AEW joins the world of wrestling in mourning the death of ‘Judo’ Gene Lebell. Our thoughts are with his family, his friends, and his fans.”
- TVInsider and DAZN published interviews with Tony Khan.
- TVInsider asked Khan how close we are to seeing more new ROH content: “[Death Before Dishonor] it was the first time that Warner Bros. Discovery had worked with Ring of Honor because Bleacher Report aired the pay-per-view. He put up some of the best numbers in Ring of Honor history. For Bleacher Report, I think he exceeded his expectations. They’ve seen that there’s interest in Ring of Honor, so that’s very exciting. They were the media partner that helped launch AEW to the world. If there was ever a weekly Ring of Honor show, I would love for them to be in it. Hopefully, that’s something that will happen one day. With just your blessing, I think it would make a lot of sense. We have now seen that Ring of Honor is very viable on pay-per-view. They are going to have a very solid future in the world of wrestling in the future.
- CBS Sports interviewed Mark Henry.
- Nyla Rose, Marina Shafir and Vickie Guerrero are now known as the Beast of Burdens in AEW.
- AEW announced his updated roster ranking.
- Miro appeared in the latest episode of The Sessions with Renee Paquette.
- In response to a fan on Twitter on Monday night, Mickie James wrote that she feels it is “Made in wrestling.” The fan asked James if he was going to be a part of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Title tournament.
- James then answered someone today who said she is too good to retire: “I appreciate you. Honestly, I have been so blessed and I love my fans so much! I wouldn’t have had all of this without you. What is left for me to prove more? What else can I do? I’d rather take a bow yelling ‘Women’s Struggle Issues’ from the top of the mountain than from the valley.”
- On his Kliq This podcast, Kevin Nash said he’s not interested in having one more fight: “People don’t, I love it when people come up to me and say, ‘Man, you still look pretty hot.’ I think you have one more [match] in you. I do not. The fucking idea of my fucking rickety body banging on that fucking wood. Like, nah, man, not even for the fucking Saudi money. You could come at me with half a million dollars, let me take two hits, fuck you. What am I going to do with it? Let me put that in the bank with the rest of my fucking money I don’t spend.”
#Daily #Update #Gene #LeBell #Shawn #Michaels #Tony #Khan