Latest Free YouTube Video:
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
* Fighter of the Week and Match of the Week
*John Cena’s early career and return, as well as an update on his WrestleMania prospects
*In depth on why television and broadcast are cutting new programming and how this affects the business of professional wrestling.
*If you were to ask people to name a professional wrestler, how many could name one and who would be the first person they would name, and the reality of “mainstream” knowledge of today’s professional wrestlers.
*Full coverage of the UFC’s last show of the year, as well as a sad lesson in getting hurt on fight week.
*A look at one of the best shows of 2022, the show promoted by TakaTaichi at Yoyogi Gym in Tokyo
*The most detailed look at TV viewership for every major show over the past week
* New weekly live streaming shows debut
*Promotion doing rematches of their best matches of 2022
*The story behind the voting for the tag team of the year in Japan
*Stardom has one of its biggest shows in its history this week
*Notes on the upcoming show at Tokyo Dome
*A week of amazing matches
*Ospreay against Ishii
*Son of the Viking in US work dates.
*Next impact PPV
*AEW makes a major new broadcast deal to be announced in a few weeks.
*The mystery man on Dynamite this week
* Ticket sales for upcoming AEW and WWE shows
*WWE and AEW broadcast numbers
* International TV Ratings
* Ticket sales for upcoming AEW and WWE shows
*UFC PPV numbers from last year
*A bill is expected to be introduced in the US Senate that would greatly change the world of MMA.
*Dana White talks about luck and timing
*Two fighters fight on Twitter and fight in the UFC gym
*Sports Business Analyst Predicts NBCU Will Buy WWE And We Discuss What Is And Isn’t True About It.
* WWE tour after Christmas
*Most popular WWE names on social media
*Current WWE Market Value
This Week’s Retro Observer Newsletter:
Information of order:
Order your printed Wrestling Observer now and have it mailed to you by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by visiting www.paypal.com directing funds to dave@www. wrestlingobserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, the rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get a discount of $1 in each price range.
- Kevin Owens spoke to TMZ Sports about teaming up with John Cena on this Friday’s SmackDown:
- me and my son [Owen] will always have a little bond with John Cena. My son, growing up, was a huge John Cena fan. When I signed my WWE contract, I said to my son, ‘Maybe I can wrestle John Cena one day,’ and then I did. And he met John and all these things. This was several years ago, Owen’s 15th.
- He’s still excited for John to reconcile. So they’re going to come to the show in Tampa so he can see it. She’s a great little thing to share with my son whenever John is involved. My son likes WWE, but he’s not an avid fan like I was when he was a kid.
- But every time John comes back, he piques his interest, and now I get to team up with him. He is great. He saw us fight among ourselves. Now he’s going to get to see me team up with him. It’s a neat little thing.
- Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne) indirectly addressed Mandy Rose’s release from WWE during a promo that aired on NXT last night:
- Dolin: 2022 was the year of Toxic Attraction. We built an empire, the largest women’s group in NXT history and, in our opinion, the largest women’s faction in WWE history.
- Jayne: Name one other faction that, despite our ultimate success, didn’t experience a heartbreaking loss. But even at our lowest points, the eyes of the entire world have not strayed from the allure of NXT.
- Dolin: And I know what everyone is saying: ‘What are they going to do? What is your next move? But this group was created out of doubt, motivated by those people who wrote us off. We rose to stardom by stepping on the backs of non-believers.
- Jayne: We will rebuild, we will rebuild, and we will go back to glory. And he starts with taking down the woman. [Roxanne Perez] that brought down our empire.
- In Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw, JBL said that he wanted to make a reference to TNA Aces & Eights during the Raw poker invite earlier this month:
- When we’re dealing the cards and we’re doing the last thing, it occurred to me. He wanted Luke Gallows to have aces and eights for his hand and not say anything about it. just throw it away
- I didn’t get a chance to clear [it with WWE]. I don’t know if that would have been a problem or not, but I thought about it as soon as we were doing the last scene. I thought, ‘Damn, I missed something there.
- In an interview with The Atlantic, “Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery” director Rian Johnson agreed that Dave Bautista is the best wrestler-turned-actor. Johnson said:
- I absolutely agree 100 percent. And I think someone likes it [Paul Thomas Anderson] it will give you a real role and you will look like a genius. As a person, Bautista is genuine and immediately vulnerable when you meet him, and that’s what excited me. This is someone who has the physical characteristics of someone who would play big, but actually brings sensitivity to the role.
- WWE’s The Bump ranked his top 10 matches of 2022:
- 1. Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins Hell in a Cell (Hell in a Cell)
- 2. Gunther vs. Sheamus (Clash at the Castle)
- 3. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar Last Man Standing (SummerSlam)
- 4. Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair (WrestleMania 38)
- 5.Roman Reigns vs. Logan Paul (The Jewel in the Crown)
- 6. Bianca Belair vs. Bayley Last Woman Standing match (Crown Jewel)
- 7. The Usos vs. The Street Profits (Money in the Bank)
- 8. The Bloodline vs. Team Brutes WarGames (Survivor Series: WarGames)
- 9. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin vs. Kevin Owens fights without restrictions (WrestleMania 38)
- 10. Seth Rollins vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Austin Theory (Survivor Series: WarGames)
- Sports Illustrated named Seth Rollins their Wrestler of the Year for 2022. The top 10 were:
- 1. Seth Rollins
- 2.Jon Moxley
- 3. Blanca Belair
- 4. Roman reigns
- 5.Will Ospreay
- 6.Jaime Hayter
- 7. The Son of the Viking
- 8.Dax Harwood
- 9. Cash Wheeler
- 10. Masha Slamovich
- Gunther has exceeded 200 days as Intercontinental Champion.
- The Sun has a report claiming that Tyson Fury may miss appearances at the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania due to visa issues. The report states that Fury is “barred from entering the US after links to alleged Irish mob boss Daniel Kinahan emerged.”
- WWE has a playlist video about the Roman Reigns and John Cena rivalry.
- The following matches were uploaded to WWE’s YouTube channel today: Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship (Roadblock: End of the Line 2016), Ezekiel vs. Kevin Owens (Hell in a Cell 2022), and AJ Styles, Finn Balor & Liv Morgan vs. Judgment Day (Hell in a Cell 2022).
#Daily #Update #Kevin #Owens #Toxic #Attraction #JBL