The deadline to submit contracts to arbitration-eligible players is tonight at 7:00 pm Central Time. Here’s a roundup of players on American League teams that haven’t been drafted today. This post will be updated as more decisions are revealed.
MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz projected the salaries of all arbitration-eligible players last month. About transactions…
- the sailors announced that it did not tender three players: receivers Brian O’Keefe Y Luis Torrensas well as right-handed luke weaver. Weaver was just claimed off waivers by the Royals a few weeks ago, but now he will become a free agent.
- the white sock announced three no-tenders: outfielders Adam Engel Y mark paytonas well as infielder danny mendick. Engel is generally considered a strong defensive outfielder, but he struggled at the plate in 2022. Mendick played all over the diamond while hitting .289/.343/.443 for a wRC+ of 125.
- the guardians they announced that they have a lefty not tendered antonio gose and receiver lucas maile. Gose was designated for assignment earlier in the week. Maile played in 76 games at a below-average level with roughly average defensive markings.
- the angels announced four no-tenders: left-handed Jonathan Diaz Y Rob Zastryznyas well as right-handed Touki Toussaint Y nash walters. The last three names were designated for assignment a few days ago.
- the Ray they have not bid ryan yarbroughby Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Tampa designated him for assignment earlier in the week.
- the tiles announced they have unbid gardeners Raimel Tapia Y bradley zimmeras well as infielder vinny capra. The above two names were designated for assignment a few days ago.
- the Athletics announced that they did not tender contracts to three players: right-handed Deolis Guerraleft handed Jared Koenig and infielder david mackinnon. Guerra is the most experienced of the trio, having made his MLB debut in 2015 and made 136 appearances. Unfortunately, he required Tommy John surgery in April, missing all of the 2022 season and possibly part of 2023 as well.
- the red sox are outfielders/first basemen not bidders Franchy Cordero, according to Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com. Cordero appeared in 84 games for the Red Sox last season, but he hit just .219/.300/.397 with eight home runs and earned very poor defensive ratings. The Sox also have an unbid infielder yu changby Alex Speier of the Boston Globe. The versatile infielder started the year with the Guardians but then went to the Pirates in a trade, then went to the Rays and Red Sox on waiver claims. On those four teams, he hit .208/.289/.315 for a wRC+ of 78.
- the stars will separate from reliever joseph jamesWhat Chandler Roma of the Houston Chronicle informs that it is expected that they will not bid it tonight. He spent the entire 2022 season in the minors, had flexor tendon surgery in October and has no schedule to return.
- the Forest ranger announced that the right-handed nick snyder a contract has not been tendered. He only has 4 2/3 innings of MLB experience over the past two seasons. He spent most of 2022 in Triple-A, posting a 4.97 ERA in 38 innings, albeit with a 30.9% strikeout rate.
- the royalty he opted for the not tender lefty jake brentz and right-handed nate webbthe team announced. That’s not a surprise, as both players were designated for assignment earlier this week. They lost their 40-man roster spots as a result, but the no-bid means Kansas City won’t need to put them through waivers before sending them straight to free agency. Anne Rogers of MLB.com tweets that Kansas City is offering contracts to the rest of its arbitration class, including brad keller Y amir garrett – each of whom seemed to have a slim chance of being released after difficult seasons.
#American #League #Bids