The latest update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition has been released, bringing many performance and quality of life fixes to keep the game online with Java Edition.
Players who want to experience these new changes will need to update Bedrock to the latest version.
Fortunately, updating Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is a very simple and straightforward process. Whether players enjoy the game on console platforms or on PC and mobile devices, they can update the game in just a few moments and still enjoy the new changes.
However, the game update process differs depending on the platform you are playing on. It doesn’t hurt to re-examine how each Bedrock platform handles the update process.
Steps to Update Minecraft: Bedrock Edition by Platform
Steps to update Bedrock for mobile platforms (Android and iOS)
- Go to your respective app store (Google Play or Apple App Store) and search for Minecraft.
- Once on the app page, there should be a “refresh” button where the play button would normally reside. Tap this button to start your update process. After a few moments, the game should update automatically. If you try to open the app without updating, you may get a message asking you to update the game, which can also be used to start the process.
Steps to Update Bedrock on Xbox
- Navigate to the apps and games section.
- Select “More options”, “Manage games and add-ons” and finally “Updates”.
- If a Minecraft update is available, you should be able to launch it from this list of updates. After a short period of time with a good internet connection, you can continue the game.
Steps to update Bedrock on Playstation
- Minecraft will generally update automatically whenever the console is online and turned on or in sleep mode. However, if automatic updates are disabled, you can manually deploy the update from the Library tab.
- In the Library tab, navigate to the game and press the options button before selecting “Check for Updates”. If one is available, it will be added to the download tab until it is complete. A notification should appear once the update is complete and you can enjoy the game.
Steps to Update Bedrock on Nintendo Switch
- Activate your console and open Minecraft. If the game has not been updated to the latest version, you will receive a notification that will redirect you to the Nintendo Switch Store so you can download the latest update.
- Alternatively, you can highlight the game in your main menu and hit the + button. Select “Software Update” and “Over the Internet” to start any updates you missed. Switches, like Playstation platforms, will automatically update the game whenever it is on or in sleep mode. However, if automatic updates are disabled, you’ll need to use the methods listed instead.
For the most part, Bedrock Edition effectively updates its own schedule automatically, but players sometimes prefer to choose when to deploy updates.
Fortunately, Mojang has made the process as painless as possible, meaning players can spend less time waiting and more time crafting and exploring.