No Man’s Sky recently received its 20th major update titled Endurance, which brought extensive freighter customization, among other things.
Big updates to No Man’s Sky often lead to bugs and glitches, and Hello Games releases a series of patches to fix these issues.
Patch 3.99 does the same thing, from fixing issues with freighter customization to making a glass version of the freighter stairs available for research and building.
Hello Games has brought a number of fixes and adjustments so that players can have a smoother experience in No Man’s Sky. They also added fixes for memory-related crashes on PlayStation 4 and 5 and Windows PCs, along with general optimization.
Here’s a look at the official patch notes for No Man’s Sky at 3.99.
Official No Man’s Sky 3.99 Patch Notes
- A glass version of the Freighter Stairs is now available to research and build.
- Fixed various issues with Freighter customization causing paint areas to be too small or incorrectly labeled Primary/Secondary/Tertiary.
- Freighter surface details (such as numbers and decals) now recolor when changing paint options in the Freighter customization screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the freighter trade room orb to detach and travel through the freighter.
- Players can now freely place internal walls around their freighter, even inside auto-generated doors.
- The freighter’s industrial expansion room now has a single floor.
- Old-style freighter industrial expansion rooms have been added as variant pieces.
- Freighter storage bins now display their numerical designation as part of their hologram.
- Fixed an issue that would hide certain storage containers from the build menu if they were not built on that particular base.
- Freighter storage containers that have already been built within the current base are now grayed out in the parts menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented other base parts from being placed on top of shelf panels.
- Fixed an issue that could cause other people’s freighter base parts to be placed inside your own freighter base during an expedition.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to fall through their freighter when saving the game at extreme distances from the center of the solar system.
- Fixed an issue in how remaining battery life was calculated for power grids.
- Fixed an issue that caused Fleet Coordination bonuses for fuel usage to be inverted.
- Fixed an issue that could cause organic frigates to occasionally drop stats at 0 strength.
- Fixed an issue that allowed duplicate organic frigates to spawn once the player had collected the unique frigate from that system.
- Fixed a number of visual issues and glitches in the corridors connecting the freighter hangar to the bridge.
- Improved the appearance of the landing lights in the freighter hangar.
- Fixed a number of minor visual glitches with freighter tech rooms.
- Fixed a visual glitch that could occur when warping on the freighter.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with decorations glowing too brightly.
- Fixed a lighting glitch affecting freighter interiors.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Nada to use the wrong dialogue during Artemis’ path.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent progress on Sentinel Pillar Nexus missions if players quit.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to get stuck in the cargo bridge teleporter if they were jetpacked when entering.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from claiming Expedition Reward Frigates in other saves.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a progression lock on the Taste of Metal quest (and others) during an expedition.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from claiming the reward for the first Polestar Log milestone if they had already maxed out their ship inventory.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause Infestation Nexus missions to direct players to an inappropriate planet.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Expedition from ending properly after completing all objectives early.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent mission progress during Sentinel Pillar Nexus missions.
- Fixed several cases where players were unable to restart quests involving locked quest destinations (such as reloading a portal).
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent players from acquiring Dream Aerial under very specific circumstances.
- Some parts of the base that were previously restricted to only underwater can now be built on land.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect price data in the Quicksilver store UI.
- Fixed various network sync issues with Sentinel combat.
- Fixed an issue that could cause wards to temporarily stop network sync when a player died.
- Introduced a number of optimizations for freighter NPC routefinding.
- Fixed various memory related crashes on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC.
As usual, Hello Games announced that they would continue to address the concerns and reports raised by No Man’s Sky players through future patches. Players can raise an issue by submitting a bug report here.
#Official #Mans #Sky #Patch #Notes #Fixes #Freighter #Customization #Issues #Visual #Glitches #Nexus #Missions